Bay to Breakers
Schedule9:30 AM - Meet time at the grassy hill on campus w/ horns and sexy outfits.
Pre-partying is encouraged.
Restrictions (booooooooo) 1) No Bags There's a ban on bags this year (thanks Boston). You can't have anything other than CLEAR bags, no larger than 8.5 x 11 x 4 inches (that's the size of a standard piece of paper). There's cops around, so don't be dumb. Bring a small purse, and if you have any big bags with you, we'll have a place for you to store them before we head out to play :)
2) Alcohol Rules A LOT of people are drinking at Bay to Breakers. Rules have tightened up in recent years, and we've noticed a lot more people having their beers confiscated and dumped out by the cops. As long as you aren't wasted, you won't be arrested. If you bring drinks (which we plan to), we recommend you make them discreet so as to avoid the attention of local authorities. A 'water' bottle or camelback won't get taken by the cops; a tallboy might.
3) Parking You can park anywhere in this area without time limit on a Sunday. Parking won't be too bad if you show up by 9:30.
Street Closures - Here's the map of the race route.
- As you can tell, there are lots of street closures. - If at all possible, take the Golden Gate Bridge into SF. - There are only two points where you can cross the race course: The Embarcadero (near the Bay Bridge), and Cross Over Drive (which connects 19th Ave - south of Golden Gate Park - to Park Presidio Blvd and 25th Ave. - north of the park). DirectionsFrom the East Bay / Bay Bridge (You MUST take this route to get around the race course)
1) Take the Harrison St exit . It's one of the first Bay Bridge exits, and it's on the left side of the freeway.
2) Turn right on Harrison St. at the end of the ramp.
3) Turn left onto The Embarcadero. 4) Turn left onto Washington St 5) Turn left onto Davis St 6) Turn right onto Pine St 7) Continue onto Masonic Ave (Up the hill and a slight jog left). Stay to the left or you'll be forced to turn. 8) Turn right onto Turk Blvd. 9) In a few blocks you'll see the big grassy area on your right, around the intersection of Turk Blvd. and Tamalpais Terrace . (2604 Turk St). Park anywhere nearby.
From the Peninsula (you must take this route if you want to cross the park/race)
1) Take I-280 N into the city.2) Keep left to continue onto CA-1 N / Junipero Serra Blvd. Follow signs for 19th Ave / Golden Gate Bridge.3) Slight left onto 19th Ave.4) 19th dumps onto Crossover Drive, which takes you though the park and over the race path.5) Right on Fulton St.6) Left on Arguello Blvd.7) Right on Turk Blvd.8) In ~6 blocks you'll see the big grassy area on your left, near Turk Blvd. and Tamalpais Terrace (2604 Turk St). Park anywhere nearby.
From Marin / Golden Gate Bridge:You don't need to cross the race if you go this route. Figure it out yourself, it's not rocket science.
Meeting directions to USF Bandroom
Pride Parade Details (Updated 6/22/15)
Our contingent number is 199 (it is a huge parade)
Our Assembly Area is labeled "Q1". It is on Beale St between Market and Mission.
12:15 - Contingent on Beale btwn Market and Mission (we are contingent 199)
Meet time 12:30 for contingent 199, but didn't step off until 3:00 p.m.
Meet at Katie O'Brians prior to step off.
After the parade: Walk to Hayes Valley Biergarten at Octavia and Fell. Play music, drink, and be merry!
Save yourself from massive sadness by not driving to the city. Park at a BART staion, ride in to Embarcadero and walk to the staging area.
If you get to the city early enough (before 9am) then park near the beer garden/civic center.
After finishing at Hayes Valley Biergarten, do what you like! There is a MUNI Metro station less than a half mile from the Biergarten at Gough and Market - you can use that to get to BART.
Hayes Valley Biergarten is an outdoor venue - there is no shade. You will be sad if you don't wear sunscreen.
Second Most Important Thing
There will be a bank of port-a-potties at 77 Beale St (right next to our line-up spot). These are the only bathrooms you're likely to find in the line-up area.
Storage of yo' shit
Unfortunately, unlike the Bay to Breakers gig we won't have a place to store bags/cases. Probably best to leave whatever you don't want to carry with you in your car.
Don't Die. (This was the main theme of the contingent monitor training I went to.)
We have a group limit size of 75. Right now our Facebook numbers are lower than that. Hopefully there aren't a bunch of you out there who haven't RSVPed. The parade organizers could potentially ask some of us to leave if we go over 75.
Our meet time is so late you can all probably get sloshed at brunch.
Please don't march your section lines into the groups in front or behind us during the parade (apparently they've had issues with other marching bands doing this and they asked me specifically not to do it)
We can't play music in the staging area while waiting for the parade to start. We'll sneak in a warm-up, but we need to avoid spontaneous muisic making until later. The parade organizers are trying to prevent massive bottlenecks that occur when spectators hear music in the staging area and think that it's actually the parade.
There's no stopping to play for TV cameras. We will be able to stop for 60 seconds to play a time-out tune in front of the the grandstands. But no stopping for TV cameras.
Zakai will be sending us a setlist soon. It'll be a mix of parade songs, rally songs for the Biergarten, and our fight song - Sit on My Face.
What to Wear
Get sexy. Meeza seems to be the expert on SF stores to hit up if you need advice.
Please bring $5 to cover cost of parade entrance fee. Or just paypal me right now at email@example.com.
Info coming soon.
Saturday, July 11, 2015
5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
B.A.D. Double Header
1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond, CA 94804
We got an email from a skater with B.A.D. Girls who saw us at Pride. She thought we were awesome, and wanted to see if we would like to play at a double header.
The gig is in Richmond and we get to play several 10-20 minute slots between bouts and at halftime. Admission is free for #BBSF members (tickets are normally $25.00). Click here for information from the event website.
Meet time: 4:45 p.m.
Parking: Bring cash, otherwise it should be free. Bring cash for tolls or purchase a bay area fastrak.
Storage: Space should be available. Bring in proper snacks and drinks using instrument cases.
Uniforms: Black and Red Burlesque. We're playing into the evening so bring something sexu to stay warm in (boas, black jacket, trench coat).